Interfaith Dialogue Association is a non-profit organization.
We are a member of North American Interfaith Network and affiliated with the United Religions Initiative. IDA is a cosponsor of the annual Grand Dialogue on Science and Religion and a working partner with The Kaufman Interfaith Institute.
We invite you to become a member and attend our programs and activities. The work of the IDA takes place within our local religious communities, schools, the media, dialogue groups, interfaith services, and conferences.
Your tax-deductible donations to support our projects are appreciated and encouraged.
The Dialogue Decalogue: The Ground Rules of Inter-religious and Inter-ideological Dialogue*
- Dialogue to learn, to change, and to grow, and act accordingly
- Dialogue to share and receive from others
- Dialogue with honesty and sincerity
- Dialogue comparing ideals with ideals, and practice with practice
- Dialogue to define yourself and to learn the self-definition of others
- Dialogue with no hard and fast assumptions about someone's else's beliefs
- Dialogue to share with equals
- Dialogue in trust
- Dialogue with willingness to look at your own beliefs and traditions critically
- Dialogue seeking to understand the other person's beliefs from within
*from Dr. Leonard Swidler's "The Dialogue Decalogue" Journal of Ecumenical Studies (1983)